Thursday, July 29, 2010

Time to get Movin'!!!

Well! It's been a while since I have posted!! That's what happens when you have a 2 1/2 year old and a 7 month old to keep up after! I promise though from now on, I am going to continue to track my sweet babes' lives! That was my original intention of starting a blog! So, I'll just start where I left off!


Hannah and I have been super busy planning her 3rd birthday (which isn't until September 28th). BUT, I am handmaking almost all of the decorations/favors so I had to get started early!


We started off by making lollipops for the yard! So adorable and not very hard at all!! I don't have step by step pictures but here are the instructions!


Materials You Will Need:
1. 12 wooden dowels (you can find these a any craft store)
2. 12 styrofoam circles (these are actually quite expensive, they are about $5.99 at craft stores!)
3. White paint and brush
4. Multiple different colors of tissue paper (your choice)
5. 2 Large rolls of cellophane (I bought one 3yd roll ($2.99) and one 20 ft roll ($9.99) You can find this at any craft store also)
6. 3 or 4 different colors of ribbon (Buy the whole spool)

Instructions:
1. Paint dowels white and let them dry for 1-2 hours.
2. Wrap tissue paper around styrofoam circle and tape together at the back (Don't worry the cellophane hides the imperfections pretty well!)
3. Push dowel into styrofoam circle (You can use glue to help it stay better but it's not necessary)
4. Wrap in cellophane and tie at the bottom with ribbon.
       * Voila! Now you have beautiful calorie-free lollipops!!*

Stay tuned for our candy shaped soap making project!

No comments:

Post a Comment