Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I DID it!!

I have been thinking about making yummy cheesy biscuits like the kind you get at Red Lobster. Of course, I don't think I'll get anywhere CLOSE to what they taste like at Red Lobster... but guess what?! I DID!! So perfect! So perfect that I have to share the recipe and you have to tell me how yours turn out!!


Ingredients:
2 cups baking mix
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2/3 cup milk 
1/2 cup margarine, melted, divided
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Pinch of parsley

Instructions:
Combine the first 3 ingredients together until a soft dough forms.
Add ¼ cup butter and stir.
Form dough into large balls and spoon onto lightly greased cookie sheet for  8 to 10 minutes at 450°.
(I used a muffin pan)
Mix butter and garlic powder and parsley and brush over hot biscuits.
There's the final product! So delicious!

 And Voila! Perfect, perfect, perfect Red Lobster biscuits!
 
I also made salmon, and here's the recipe for that. It turned out pretty well I'd say!


Ingredients:
2 fillets of salmon
pinch of sugar 
1/4 cup soy sauce 
1 tbs cup fresh lemon juice
2 tbs of orange juice
 5 tbs honey 
1 tbs cup fresh lime juice

Combine Ingredients and marinate in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
Heat grill to medium-low heat.
Pour out marinade and sprinkle salmon with pepper.
Place salmon directly onto rack for 4 minutes.
Turn salmon and cook another 4 minutes, then turn 1/4 of the way for another 3 minutes.
Do not use high heat, the sugar causes it to blacken quickly.
The final product:
Our sides were corn, seasoned rice, and the biscuits of course! :) YUM!

1 comment: