Friday, August 20, 2010

Missin' my daddy

I've been thinking about my dad a lot today. I was trying to google him on the internet to find the picture of him that was on his obituary, when I came across this. It's a website for Melanoma Cancer (which is what he died from). My cousin very thoughtfully wrote a short bio of him on there. I read it and was in tears. I could write about him all night and this post would be a mile long. But there's only a few words I need to say to describe him.. He was my daddy. His life was much too short and his death was unbearable. I miss him more than anything and will not ever understand why he had to leave so soon. I was 3 months pregnant with Hannah when he died. It was the day I found out she was a girl. It was the saddest most awful moment of my life when he took his final breath. I feel I need this to just get it all out of me and let the world know how I feel. Kind of like closure for me.. He was THE best dad anyone could ever have (I know everyone says that, but this time it's true). He was funny, smart, could fix anything in the world, silly, caring, and so much more. Most important of all, he was the rock that held everyone together, just like my cousin said. Since he's been gone, I've had to learn how to be some sort of a rock. I'm working on it, but he was so much better. I could never live up to the parent that he was but I definitely want my kids to remember me the way I remember him. Nothing but love..

I miss you and I love you with all my heart <3

Bradley Lee Fullen
2.17.48 - 3.20.07

A face I miss and love so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment