Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hannah is 3 !!!

My love Hannah,

Where do I even begin? Three years is a long time! You've grown into an amazing little girl. We took a lot of pictures the week of your birthday and I asked you a few questions, to get a good idea of what you're thinking these days :) You surprise us everyday with the funny things you say and do. I can't believe you're three! It seems like it was just yesterday when you made your dramatic entrance into this world! You are still a tad bit dramatic at times, but very sweet as well. You amaze us by just being you! I still can't believe that God has blessed us with such a kind, very loving, sweet, shy, demanding, compassionate, determined, optimistic little love. I wanted to get a little insight into your growing mind and see what you had to say about life! You answered these questions while riding your truck way out into the yard and back, it was kind of hard to get a straight answer at times but here they are (with some sidenotes from me):

 


Do you like being 2 or 3 better?
Hannah: I don't know, esterday I was three. I like being two better.
Sidenote- you say -esterday instead of yesterday :)

I guess it's a silly question to ask a 3 year old who's only been 3 for 2 days :) I had to ask though. Yesterday (your birthday) you told me you wanted to be two again. Two was a very fun age :) But, we will have even more fun being three, don't you worry!

What do you like to drink?
Hannah: Orange juice because it's yummy. Milk is my favorite too.

You like ALL kinds juice, you love milk and sometimes you take a sneak drink out of my Dr. Pepper. You have been drinking a lot of water lately, which is great, because you didn't like it much when you were two! See, I told you three was going to be better :)

 

What do you like to eat?
Hannah: Strawberries, blackberries.... and when I get bigger I will like little carrots too!

You melted with my heart with that adorable answer. You're right, you don't like little or big carrots at all right now, but I am happy to see that you are going to branch out when "you get bigger". You like all kinds of food.. You LOVE crab (I know crazy, right?), you love any kind of fish really, shrimp, peanut butter sandwhiches-cut into tiny flower or heart shapes, all kinds of fruit, spaghetti with no sauce, chicken and fruit from Chic-ta-play (Chic-fil-a) as you call it :)

What is your favorite color?
Hannah: Purple! I like pink too and black.

I asked you what you like that is black and you said yucky things. Ha! I have no idea what that entails, but ok. You like a lot of different colors but you really do love purple and pink the most. You have a purple baby whose name is purple baby, that you just adore.


What are your favorite shows?
Hannah: OLIVIA! And, yo gabba gabba, and Dora because she teaches me spanish words and I love Milli. (She's from Team Umi Zoomi)

You pretty much love anything on Nick jr., which used to be called Noggin. You don't watch any other channel. You LOVE Team Umi Zoomi. You watch their show all the time on my laptop, it's one of your favorite things to do. You do love Dora though, I think for now she is your number 1 favorite.

You "glare" at us a lot when you think we are saying something funny. As shown above :)
Where is your favorite place to go?Hannah: Market street because they have tiny baskets and I can push purple baby around like you push brother! Church because I see all my friends and sing Jesus songs.

You melt my heart. What a sweet answer! You LOVE tiny things, especially your size things that are typically too big for you, like grocery carts. You have a tiny baby stroller that you like to take to Garden Ridge or Hobby Lobby and push purple baby around in that. You like to be like me and brother. It's very cute!


Who are your favorite people to be around?
Hannah: YOU! I love you momma, you don't work and we play a lot. I love daddy too, I like it when he talks to me. Brother is funny when I talk to him he talks to me too!

You LOVE your baby brother. You and him are so sweet together, words cannot describe the love you have for each other. I have never seen such a strong bond between a brother and a sister. I love that you love each other so much. You are right too, I am not working anymore and I am staying home with you guys. You like it much better you say, and I think it's better for brother too. You and daddy love talking about your day. You communicate with him in such a special way. You and I small-talk all day. But, when daddy gets home, you have full conversations with him and get so excited to tell him everything you can think of.


What are your favorite songs?
Hannah: I love my Jesus songs, and my mudd puddle song.

You love "Hermie and Friends" CD's. They sing about all kinds of different feelings and how God can help you as well as helping you memorize scripture. Last year, you got a CD from Mother's Day Out with all kinds of sweet biblical songs and you love listening to it over and over in the car. Your mudd puddle song is about how God made the dirt and the rain. It's a catchy tune :)


Do you like sleeping?
Hannah: Yes! I love naps and I like to sleep in my bed because I am a big girl and I have my chart.

See post here

For a while, right after your brother was born, you slept on the floor beside our bed (on my side). It was a big change for you having him around and especially having him sleep in our room, that you didn't adjust well to sleeping in your new toddler bed. You were 2 years and 3 months old when he was born. Right around your 2 year and 9 month mark we started to try and get you to sleep in your own bed again. You didn't like your toddler bed so we got you a queen size bed. After some pretty bedding and a LOT of pep talks, you now love sleeping in there. You are in a great routine at bedtime. You watch "your shows" for about 10 minutes, then brush your teeth, take your vitamin, read 3 books and I pat your back and sing you a song. The books that are currently in your bedtime line up are Pinkalicious, your Bible, and Wow, Wow Wubbzy book. You go to bed around 8:30-9:00 pm and wake up anywhere between 7 and 9 am. If you wake up early you climb into my bed and sleep for much longer, sometimes until 10! You don't take naps everyday anymore, just every once in a while when you are being a stinker pot. Today is one of those days. You are sleeping so sweetly in your big girl bed. Good job!

What do you like to do when you are outside?
Hannah: Swing, or ride my truck or Dora car!

You LOVE playing outside. It's probably your favorite thing to do. I'm getting nervous since it's going to get cold soon and you are going to go crazy being inside. You have a "truck" that you love riding around in the backyard, you got stuck a lot at the fence at first but your steering has improved since then.


What makes you cry?
Hannah: When I fall down and get a big ouchy it makes me cry. Remember when I fell out of the chair esterday?

You fall a lot dear sweet love. You are sort of clumsy at times. You fell out of your chair twice last night at dinner. I think it's just because you are too busy to be sitting :) You have had one too many bumps on your head. I am sorry about that, I try to keep you safe!

What do you like to do for fun?
Hannah: Play and get popsicles for being a good girl. Momma, I'm bein' nice can I have one?!

You love popsicles! Too much! I do reward you from time to time with popsicles for picking up your toys, or dishes and for being sweet :) You love to be sweet!



I love you my precious girl. I can't wait to see what this next year brings us! I am positive you will continue to grow into the loving, adorable little person that you already are.

Love, Mommy



1 comment: