Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavour by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts." - Washington Irving

My mother has always been there for me, just like I will always be there for my kids. I love my mom more than I could ever explain. I never knew my heart could be so full of love for another person until I had children. The love you feel for a child is unlike any other. I will be forever grateful to my mother for showing me such a wonderful love.

We had a fabulous Mother's Day weekend!

Hannah made mommy this cute little flower craft:


This tag was attached. How sweet is this!?!?!


Saturday consisted of laying around in our pj's until lunchtime, lunch with husband's mother and grandmother, and a full day of shopping with my mom courtesy of husband! We took the kids along and they were such angels the whole day! We shopped close by home, ate some yummy frozen yogurt, saw some animals at the new Cabela's and went looking for daddy a new desk. He recently accepted a position back with Marriott and will be working from home very soon! SO exciting!

 
Despite the cone, they're still so cute!






On Sunday, we got up, went to church, came home to pick up all the presents, and headed over to my brother Carl's to have some yummy home-made lunch and spend Mother's day with my momma! We jumped on the trampoline (which explains Hannah's sweaty hair), fell down the CONCRETE steps (which explains Noah's goose-egg and black eye *tear*), had some yummy cake, and opened some beautiful presents!


SO beautiful! My sister-in-law makes amazing cakes for all of our occasions! Check her out!

Our beautiful hostess and my sister-in-law Christy

My momma/memaw

Awesome flower clips that Christy made :)

Husband! Poor guy :(

The girls!



Poor bug-pie :(

Yours truly ;)



LOOK at the face. Mercy, he's precious!


I felt so bad for him!

A sign I got for my mom :)

Mmmm, chocolate-rasberry cake! Her favorite!


Beautiful sweaty girl!

The men- my brothers Carl and Chad

The sweet, adorable card husband got. With an oh-so-sweet note inside!

My perty flowers he got me!

Awesome craft bag Christy got me!

And my whole loot!!

Below are the presents I made for all the women in the family, along with recipes! Enjoy!

So... Hannah and I attempted to make these!!!
Adorable right??
It's NOT as easy as it looks!

 

Well, this is about as far as we got... Until the jars looked like blobs of frosting and no where near as pretty as the picture. I have an issue with cake. It is my weakness.
I CAN.NOT.DO.ANYTHING.WITH.CAKE.

.....Moving on....

We successfully made these though:

Home-made bath salt scrubs!

So here is the recipe:
2 cups Epsom salts or organic cane sugar

8 drops essential oil(s) -- Any fragrance you want :)

1 drop food coloring

Canning jars ( I found mine at Hobby Lobby)

--The recipe above is for 2 jars. I made 10 so I ended up using 4 huge bags of epsom salt, a whole bottle of red food coloring, and all the bottles of my essential oils :)
Directions:

1. Stir together Epsom salts or sugar and carrier oil in a bowl, mixing well.
2. Using pipette, add essential oil, 1 drop at a time. Add food coloring, and stir until color is even throughout. Spoon into canning jars.
3. Download clip-art labels, enlarging or reducing to fit top of canning jar if necessary. Print onto ink-jet bumper-sticker paper (which is designed to withstand water). Cut out the labels, and affix to clean jars. I found my labels here. I used the oils listed on the cut-outs because I wanted to use the cutouts :) You can order them online, or they have a lot to choose from at Bath and Body Works as well. I already had some, from making little soaps for Hannah's 3rd birthday.



I added in these little blue scoops. I found them at Garden Ridge last year.



 I punched holes because I was going to tie them on and then decided not to.... Oh well....


 I made little Mother's Day tags, and here they are! All done and looking/smelling pretty!


We had a great weekend with family and friends. I love holidays of any kind because it's just another excuse to get together!!!
After all this fun, we are pooped!!
 Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's day!

Sweet baby pumpkin pie :)


No comments:

Post a Comment