Thursday, May 5, 2011

Teacher Appreciation!

"The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book. "

Author Unknown

We are SO thankful to have such wonderful teachers at the kids' Mother's Day Out program. They are amazingly caring, kind, generous, and so very loving. My kids love their teachers so much and so do I. They have taught the kids so much in the past year, it's truly amazing. Hannah and Noah are so smart because of all the love that these teachers put into teaching them every Tuesday and Thursday! So I decided to do something nice for them to show them how much we really appreciate everything they do!

Here are the recipes for both:

**I made monkey bread for Noah's teacher... because he's a monkey, I thought it fit perfectly :)**

Apple Fritter Bread
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup apple juice
1 large tart apple, peeled and coarsely chopped (I used about 1 1/2 apples)
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup maraschino cherries, halved
-Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 4 2-inch loaf pan.
-In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
-Combine egg and apple juice; stir into dry ingredients. Fold in apple, raisins, and cherries. Transfer to prepared pan.
** I seperated 2 chunks of dough, rolled them into strips and "braided" them on top to make it pretty!**
-Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.


Monkey Bread Loaf
(Not your tradional monkey bread)

Monkey Bread

1 loaf frozen dough
1 1/4 c. brown sugar
2 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 c. sugar
3 tbsp. water
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 c. nuts, chopped (optional)
-In a well greased 9x4 loaf pan place 1/4 cup chopped nuts. Cut dough into walnut size pieces. Put 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons cinnamon into a plastic bag. Put dough pieces into plastic bag and shake. Place dough on top of nuts.
** I seperated 2 chunks of the dough, rolled them into strips and "braided" them on top to make it pretty!**
-Mix in a saucepan 3/4 cup brown sugar, 3/4 cup sugar, water, butter, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 cup nuts. Boil and stir constantly for 3 minutes. Pour evenly over dough. Let dough rise to top of pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before turning over onto serving plate.


I found these adorable gift tags online. I cannot find the ones I used online anymore :( I'm really sorry. Anyways, the ones above are super cute too! I cut them out with my 1" scallop punch, and 2" circles out of scrapbook paper that I found @ Hobby Lobby and attached them with pretty pink yarn!





To all the teachers out there:

 
We YoU!


No comments:

Post a Comment