Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July

There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought. ~Charles Kingsley

I find that to be true to my weekend of July 4th. As you know in my previous post, I spent July 4th weekend away from my family for the first time. I was free to do what I liked… What I would have liked to do was spend the weekend at the lake with my family like I do every year. What I “ought” to do (what I did) was help others in need. I am so proud of my decision to do what I did. Not only did I help people but I learned very valuable lessons. I know better now who I want to be as a mother, as a wife, and as a Christian woman. I don’t think these feelings would have been brought about had I been sitting on the beach at the lake.

**Special thank you to husband who stayed home all weekend to take care of our two precious babes.**

Monday, however, I just couldn’t give up the urge for some 4th of July fireworks!!

We were headed for our church but stopped short in a field with a beautiful view instead! We didn’t quite make it in time for the church celebration. Our little field adventure turned out to be just great though!

Hannah was loving the fireworks, and Noah was a little scared the whole time. All of a sudden, while Hannah was laying on my lap, she jumped up into my arms scared to death. She thought the fireworks were coming right at us. Poor baby. We headed back into the car after that to watch the finale. I can’t believe they made it so long. It was about 10:15 when we got home. I was proud of how happy they were given it was WAY past their bedtimes!

July 4th 004July 4th 005July 4th 006July 4th 016July 4th 019

Flash is too bright mom.

We didn’t get ANY good pictures of the fireworks since it was so dark and we were pretty far away, so I decided to share with you some AH-MAYZING pictures I found browsing the net.

imagesCAN1FQUT

imagesCAJ8X2AB

WOW. beautiful.

 

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment