Friday, September 14, 2012

Ombre Rosette Wreath {Fall}

 

I’ve been so inspired by all the ombre projects I’ve seen lately and I have been waiting for the perfect time to make a project of my own with beautiful graduating colors… I love it!

I thought it would be fun to share with you the ombre rosette wreath I finished yesterday! { So sorry about picture quality, can’t find my SD card anywhere. So I had to use my phone :( booo}

IMAG2051IMAG2047

Isn’t it so cute!? I just love it!

Want to know how to make your own!?

All you need is:

Grapevine Wreath
Fabrics in graduating colors. I used 9 shades ranging from white to a dark orange
Felt (enough for 24 – 1 1/2″ circles)
Freezer Paper {Optional, see below}
Twine or Ribbon {I used ribbon}
Hot Glue {I used a mini glue gun and went through about 4 mini sticks of glue}



51-500x497

After taking this, I found two more fabrics in my hutch that I decided to use. One was a dark brown background with and orange design, and the other was a striped white and sheer {white} fabric.

1. Begin by getting your strips ready for your rosettes. Tutorials for these are all over… here is a good one!
2. I like to tear the strips for the rosettes – they have slightly frayed edges that way and it makes the rosettes all cute and scruffy looking. It also makes a mess where ever you are working! ;) The strips should be about 1 1/2″ wide and about 18″ish inches long.
3. Cut 24 – 1 1/2″ circles of felt for the bases.
4. For each rosette you’ll need one strip and one felt circle. Tie a knot close to one end of the fabric strip, twist the fabric and wrap it tightly, then hot glue a felt circle to the bottom.
- - I also go in between the rolls and glue the layers together so they don’t pop out! Sometimes, if you get it too tight, the middle of the rosette wants to fly right out! { and it’s NOT easy to get it back together }

IMAG2044

Once you’ve finished rolling your rosettes, it’s time to attach them to your wreath!

Start gluing them on in groups of 3. Start with the lightest rosettes and graduate to the darkest. I started slightly off center to the right.


So cute right?! Now its time to add the pennant. This is where you have options!

If you want to use fabric, start here:

Cut an 8 1/2″ x 11″ piece of fabric and the same size piece of freezer paper. Iron the shiny side of the freezer paper to the wrong side of the fabric.
Trim around all four sides so that they are straight and even. This will help the fabric go through the printer easily.
Once you’re fabric has printed, cut out triangles around the letters for the pennants. Peel off the freezer paper.

The route I chose was a little simpler:

I already had some cute tan designed scrap book paper. I used the font Romantiques and printed out Fall. I made the file with a light gray triangle guideline around the letters to make it easier to cut them all out in the same size. If you’d like the file, email me and I’d be happy to send it to you! brittanycraft@hotmail.com

With either option, use twine or ribbon to attach the pennant to your wreath!


IMAG2056

Now you have a super cute wreath for FALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment